For the nose compartment access hatch, I chose to add hinges, along with a remote release. I didn’t want to be removing and reinstalling screws on each preflight, but I definitely want to be able to easily inspect this compartment for such things as Oxygen system pressure, brake reservoir quantity, and so on.
Adding hinges and also adding a stiffener since the hatch is held closed by the hinges and at only one other point (the latch).
Fitting the cover.
The remote release is accessed through the nose gear doors. I got it at McMaster-Carr. I added a fiberglass loop so that the cover pops up slightly when the release is actuated. The engagement of the pin is adjustable.
I am really happy with the way this upgrade turned out. 🙂